Re: Asante FriendlyNet Ethernet card on 7500/100

Subject: Re: Asante FriendlyNet Ethernet card on 7500/100
From: herb (herb@kinetekpharm.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 15:57:21 MST

Hello,

     I have an Asante FriendlyNet PCI Ethernet card in a 7500/100
PowerPC. I can't get it to work with the tulip driver that is supposed to
work for linux. Is it because it's not linux for an Intel machine? I
tried configuring netcfg and linuxconf to no avail. Any ideas?

P.S. Regarding Jeff Tillwick's comments,

Archiver seems to work fine. I have no problems with it. Why does KDE
need a decompressor/installer? Why do you need KDE in the first place?