Re: Successful Sofware RAID on g4 Sawtooth

Subject: Re: Successful Sofware RAID on g4 Sawtooth
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 16:05:13 MST

The proper term is fsck...:P

Assumptions:
-Logged in as root;
-linux.X.X.XX.tar.gz is in /usr/src
-/usr/src/linux is a symlink
-/boot/System.map is a symlink
-/boot/vmlinux is a symlink
-I'm using 2.2.14 in the examples below.

cd /usr/src
rm linux
tar xzf linux-2.2.14.tar.gz
mv linux linux-2.2.14
ln -s linux-2.2.14 linux
cd linux
make menuconfig
make dep clean vmlinux modules modules_install
--chug chug chug--
cp vmlinux /boot/vmlinux-2.2.14
cp System.map /boot/System.map-2.2.14
cp vmlinux /mnt/macvol/System\ Folder/Linux\ Kernels/vmlinux-2.2.14-mol
cd /boot
rm vmlinux
rm System.map
ln -s vmlinux-2.2.14 vmlinux
ln -s System.map-2.2.14 System.map

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

--Anatole France