Re: Newbie woes again...

Subject: Re: Newbie woes again...
From: Sam Archer (s.t.archer@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 14:20:01 MST

Hi,

    I've had the screen loop myself, and I found out that it's a resolution
problem that always occurs when I try to start up cs1.1 in a 640X480 mode. I
think that somewhere in the Yellow Dog installation it says something about
adding addition kernal arguments to modify the resolution. What usually
fixes the problem for me is just restarting my system, zapping my PRAM, and
making sure that my screen is in the correct resolution before I run the
bootx control panel to start up linux.

Hope I could help,

Sam