What drive would be best to boot Linux on 500mb or 1Gig

Subject: What drive would be best to boot Linux on 500mb or 1Gig
From: Roy Koch (rkoch@interaccess.com)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 15:51:05 MST

I have Linux 1.1 booting on either a 500mb scsi internal drive or a 1Gig
Jaz external drive on the same adaptec 2906 card on a B/W G3 350 with
320 megs of ram. Right now I am using the 500mb drive booting without a
swap partition on the 500mb drive but the Maximum swap on the Jaz drive?
I know the Swap is not that important because I have 320 meg of real
ram. My real question is? Witch drive would be better to boot off of the
Jaz or the 500mb hardrive?