Re: mod_php3-3.0.6-2 MySQL support?

Darron Froese (darron@odi.ca)
Thu, 08 Jul 1999 14:42:55 -0600

> I followed your advice and compiled it as an DSO and YES it did it.
> actually i downloaded the php-3.0.7.src.rpm and:
> ./configure --with-apxs --with-mysql=/usr
>
> Thank you Darron!

No problem - I'm glad to have helped.

You may want to upgrade to 3.0.11 - it's got lots of bug fixes (and because
you compiled it as a DSO you can). There is one little glitch however. After
you get it to ./configure (with whatever flags that you want to add to it)
you need to go into config.h and change 2 things. Change this:

/* Define both of these if you want the bundled REGEX library */
#define REGEX 0
#define HSREGEX 0

to:

/* Define both of these if you want the bundled REGEX library */
#define REGEX 1
#define HSREGEX 1

that little block of code is around line 186 in config.h. Then it should
compile.

--
Darron
darron@odi.ca