Re: Help installing ydl on Blue G3 - follow-up

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 15:38:38 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Paul Oertel wrote:

> I would like to thank those on the list who help me get Yellow Dog
> installed on my Blue G3.
>
> I would also like to reprimand Terra Soft. Before I purchased Yellow Dog I
> read the supported hardware list very carefully. They claimed to support
> the new G3's. And indeed they do. However, unlike the IMac, nowhere do they
> mention that you have download additional files to get it installed. Nor

Indeed it did. On the support page under hardware it mentioned the
additional files for BOTH iMac and Blue G3. This has since been removed
from the main hardware page since they are not needed for the CS 1.1
release.

> was there anything in the documentation that came with the software that
> told me to do this. Perhaps support for Blue G3's is a late breaking thing
> but isn't one of the reasons you send the manual in a three-ring binder
> because it is easy to update? This is the kind of thing that gives Linux a
> reputation for being hard to install and use.

We're going to be updating the manual more frequently.

> Thank you to all those who helped me get started.
>
> Paul Oertel
>
> ComiConnection --> The ultimate guide to DC Comics
> www.shirokuma.com/comiconnection/
> pbearpro@mb.kcom.ne.jp

Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.