GNOME and options

Evan Read (evan@linux.advcomm.co.nz)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:57:02 +1200 (NZST)

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Andrew Diller wrote:

I had a quick look at GNome but thought that KDE was better.

I am still at the earlier stage where I could be swayed either way so I am
curious,

what about GNome is better? Are the built in tool better?

If I were to install it, do I get a working email client and ICQ client
(both graphical) and maybe (but less important) a working (even shitty)
browser?

KDE seems to have some redraw issues (ie, it doesn't do it enough) and
some general stability issues. I really quite like it, but am curious
about my options (that is why I have been trying Linux on the desktop in
the first place - so I have options).

Are there good C IDE available for it? KDevelop is giving me trouble with
installation.

Anyways, thanks.

--
Evan Read

Advanced Communications Level 1, 43 Montgomery Square Nelson

Ph: +64-3-546-9169 Fax: +64-3-546-9170 Web: http://www.advcomm.co.nz