Re: Permissions for public_html folder?

Subject: Re: Permissions for public_html folder?
From: Chuq Von Rospach (chuqui@plaidworks.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 00:40:48 MST

At 2:33 AM -0500 3/7/2000, Reid Anderson wrote:
>Forbidden
>You don't have permission to access /~resander/ on this server.
>Apache/1.3.11 Server at www.cs.hamilton.edu Port 80

do you have suexec configured and turned on?

I usually set public_html to 755, UID and GID matching the owner's
values. All files inside should be the same, and 644 for html, 755
for CGIs. Make sure apache is configured to allow access.

Make sure the UserDir is set properly in the apache.conf or srm.conf file.

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"