Re: What's compiled into the kernels on YDL's site

Subject: Re: What's compiled into the kernels on YDL's site
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 12:52:15 MST

> It took a couple of tries, but it works now and I have power-
> management support: I can put the PowerBook to sleep. The
> little green light flashes and everything. Woohoo! The battery
> monitoring tool (Batmon) also works. It's really big and ugly,
> though. Anybody know of a smaller one? What would be nice is
> an AfterStep Wharf module. If I can't find one, maybe I'll dust
> off my X Windows books and write one.

The only problem with using other laptop battery monitor tools is that
they mostly use APM which is not supported on PowerPC. I believe there is
some talk by the pmud maintainer of implimenting APM support. This would
be really good as it would allow us to hopefully use all of those GNOME
applets and Wharf modules for displaying battery usage infos.

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/