floppy & zips

Subject: floppy & zips
From: John Boyarsky (jboyarsky@ftyukon.yfsd.schoolzone.net)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 01:26:49 MST

Any ideas on how to get the floppy drive to work in KDE? The only
utility i can find is KFloppy, and that is for erasing disks. When i try
erasing a disk already in the drive, i get an error that there is no
such device.

In Gnome, on the other hand, i was able to get the floppy and CD icons
put on the toolbar, but when i try loading a floppy i get a warning of
the like " error >2>1 msdos not compiled in the kernel" for my dos
formatted floppy. Nor can i format it.

I would like to get a floppy to work because I don't have internet
access on my home box, the one with YDL, so I downloaded Mac-On-Linux &
some other utilities at school and am trying to get it into my home box.

Any ideas?

As far as Zips go I found some stuff on the Linus faq-o-matic that I'll
try first, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

John Boyarsky,
teacher being student.