Re: bulletin boards

Subject: Re: bulletin boards
From: Jo Mitchell (jo@yee-ha.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 03:38:47 MST

> Want to put this out to the group mind. I'm trying to make a final
> decision on some technologies to run on Yellowdog...
>
> I've been using Web Crossing for a while for various forum work. But
> I'm seriously considering switching, and looking at phorum and
> ultimate BBS. Ultimate BBS comes closest to what I'm looking for. Am
> I missing any good candidates? Anyone have experience with these?

> Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui@plaidworks.com)
> Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq@apple.com)

Hi,

I've been looking at this sort of thing recently also (or, more
accurately, my colleague has) and he advised me that WWWthreads is quite
good. It's also cheaper and open-source. It runs on mySQL and Perl.
http://www.wwwthreads.org

He reackoned Ultimate BBS was good too but they are moving to
remote-only hosting which may not be such a good thing.

Hope this is useful!

        Jo

--
#--Jo Mitchell    | www.bugiscoming.com | www.yee-ha.demon.co.uk  --#
#--Linux-powered! |                     | Mobile: +44 7974 219809 --#