Re: pdiskinstall problems on 9500

Subject: Re: pdiskinstall problems on 9500
From: NTR (ntr@mindmachine.com)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 09:47:18 MST

>> pdisk seems to be working but I get this message after trying to w the
>> partition.
>>
>> pdisk: Re-read of partition table failed (Device or resource busy)
>> Reboot your system to ensure the partition table is updated.
>
>Did you reboot after this? Not doing so could have caused problems.

Yes sir!

Is there a way to skip the AbiWord processor or is this program
necessary?

What is the most likely diagnosis? computer, hard drive, motherboard. I
was having similar problems installing linuxppc 2000. The install just
freezes on a certain file never getting very far. I gave up and
downloaded your iso.

thanks

Dave