Re: ppp still broken

Subject: Re: ppp still broken
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 21:52:21 MST

Paul J. Lucas's bits of Sat, 18 Mar 2000 translated to:

>On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, Jim Cole wrote:
>
>> The problem went away when I cleared the default route before trying to start
>> ppp.
>
> How does one clear the default route?

/sbin/route del default eth0

For me, the problem ended up being some sort of conflict because my
machine is also on a LAN. And the log file did say something that led
me in the right direction. So, unfortunately the default route might
not have anything to do with the problem you have run into. If you
continue to strike out on finding a solution, I could try rebuilding
my kernel using your config file (if you could resend) and see what
happens. It is likely something I am also going to have to work through
when I get around to really tweaking things with CS 1.2.

Jim