Re: Re: YDL Champion 1.2 on RS6000 ?

Subject: Re: Re: YDL Champion 1.2 on RS6000 ?
From: Udo Weber (udo.weber@mainz.ibm.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 03:25:57 MST

Hi,

here some corrections:
I was now able to install the YDL 1.2
I installed the YDL 1.1, created a new add partion with ext2.
I copyed the YellowDog directory from the CD to this new partion, renamed the
YellowDog to RedHat.
This was also not enough, I have to create an add directory YellowDog on this
partion and made symlinks to ../RedHat/RPMS ../RedHat/base and
../RedHat/instimage
After this I used the install/CHRP/zImage.initrd to start the installation
and it works well now.

add. info: I never found the zImage.initrd under AIX. Don't try to read the
new CD under AIX *, this is not a clean ISO-image - it seems like joliet or
what ever. AIX don't shows the right CD-contents ! Use Linux or other to do
that.

So it seems that the new zImage.initrd has during the init a wrong pointer to
the old RedHat directory or other, on the iso-image there are missing
directorys and symlinks.

I hope this will help
regards Udo