B50 - HW support

Subject: B50 - HW support
From: Udo Weber (udo.weber@mainz.ibm.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 03:50:00 MST

Hi folks,

I have a standard B50.
I was able to install the new YDL 1.2 on this B50 - it works but not
perfect:

Ethernet is an unknown Trident -> what is the right kernel-modul ? (
ne2000 or 3com compatible ?)
TokenRing has problems too because all 3 TR-modules have unresolved
symbols during depmod or modprobe
 -> where can I find a new kernel (patches) is there any location for
2.3 or 2.4 kernels ?

The graphic-adapter is an GXT 130P with 8MB, linux says Matrox G200 with
only 2MB (I also tryed to modify the XF86config but it still have 2MB)
Is there any better solution ?

Any hints or experiences for configure the kernel ?

Thanks in advance

Udo