Re: CS 1.0 Install on 7600...

Darron Froese (darron@odi.ca)
Wed, 5 May 1999 08:24:54 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Dan Burcaw wrote:

> Weird problems!
> First off, are you using the "install everything" option?
> If you are, I suggest you remove that and just select all of the groups
> individually.
>
> Let me know if that helps for starters..
> On Tue, 4 May 1999, Darron Froese wrote:

I've tried that and I also went through and just selected packages that I
wanted to install (web, ftp, nfs and other server stuff). Didn't make much
difference.

The problem is that various essential files like passwd, bash, zlib,
ncurses, termcap, gzip, init scripts (among others - see the full
list at http://darron.odi.ca/install-log.txt) didn't get installed. I'm
going to try a totally plain vanilla install later on.

This machine runs and MacOS, LinuxPPC and MacOS X Server without any
problems. It's a 7600/233 with 1MB L2 cache and 80MB of RAM. There's a zip
drive connected to it and 2 internal hard drives: a 1.2GB Quantum and a
3.1GB Quantum. I'm trying to install it on /dev/sda7 (a 1GB partition on
the 3.1.

Darron
darron@odi.ca
http://i.am/darron/