Re: internal zip

Subject: Re: internal zip
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 03:12:27 MST

Gilbert Fernandes wrote:

> I'm using a PowerBook G3 with CS 1.1
>
> I've got an internal Zip and when I boot Linux, it says the Zip is at hde
>
> I've created a device link to /dev/hde and created a /zip directory
> inside of /mnt
>
> I can't make it to mount, can someone help?

If the (very rusty) memory serves, there was some issue with the ZIP
drive identifying itself as a CDROM drive to get around some bug in
MacOS.

I could be mixing the hardware up with something else though, check what
kind of device Linux thinks your Zip drive is. I'm not sure what the
solution was, but that was the problem.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon