Re: powerbook g3

Subject: Re: powerbook g3
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 17:08:08 MDT

jim hopper's bits of Mon, 11 Oct 1999 translated to:

> I have a 300mhz g3. i have to install yellowdog with no graphics
> hardware. is there any support for the version of rage chip on the
> g3 powerbook?
The rage chip should be supported under X by both the XF68_FBDev
(standard with CS1.1) and Xpmac servers. With the new PowerBook, I
just selected the "No Video Driver" option and the default install
worked with XF68_FBDev; with the newest kernel and some tweaking,
it is possible to also get hardware acceleration. According to what
has come across this list and what I have seen on a couple sites,
you should be able to get things going with your particular flavor
of PowerBook.

What exactly do you mean by "have to install with no graphics hardware"?

Jim