Re: PHP3

Subject: Re: PHP3
From: JP Rosevear (jpr@arcavia.com)
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 19:04:38 MDT

"Christopher F. Baum" wrote:

> I've been trying to reproduce the examples in an online tutorial to PHP3
> (at http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/99/21/index2a_page3.html?tw=databases)
> on my YDL system, which is running apache and mySQL without difficulty.
>
> rpmfind says that mod_php3 is already installed. I have modified the apache
> srm.conf to include a reference to .php3 files, but it is ignored (I did
> stop and restart the httpd daemon). So I thought I'd fetch the sources and
> recreate mod_php3. I got them via rpmfind from the yellowdoglinux
> distribution, but when I rpm --recompile, it eventually gets to a point
> where it reports problems:
>
> creating config.h
> + make
> gcc -fPIC -fpic -I. -I. -I -c
> language-parser
> .tab.c -o language-parser.tab.o
> *Initialization*:1: warning: `__PIC__' redefined
> *Initialization*:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
> *Initialization*:1: warning: `__pic__' redefined
> *Initialization*:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
> In file included from language-parser.y:57:
> php.h:188: ap_config.h: No such file or directory
> php.h:194: ap_compat.h: No such file or directory
> php.h:196: httpd.h: No such file or directory
> php.h:197: http_main.h: No such file or directory
> php.h:198: http_core.h: No such file or directory
> php.h:199: http_request.h: No such file or directory
> php.h:200: http_protocol.h: No such file or directory
> php.h:201: http_config.h: No such file or directory
> php.h:202: http_log.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [language-parser.tab.o] Error 1
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.83844 (%build)
>
> Any ideas as to what might be going on here?

Couple things. First, install the apache-devel rpm to get the correct
headers for the compilation

Second, you probably don't need to do this. Change the httpd.conf
configuration file to load the php3 module. Uncomment the appropriate
AddModule and LoadModule lines.

-JP

JP Rosevear				jpr@arcavia.com
Arcavia Software Ltd.			http://www.arcavia.com