Xlib errors running an Xterminal.

Subject: Xlib errors running an Xterminal.
From: Bernie Mentink (ebike@paradise.net.nz)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 00:40:28 MDT

Hi All,

Still havn't found a solution to this sticky problem.
When I run KDE or Gnome on an Xterminal (HDS@workstation) I get X errors

especially when I drag a windows corner to increase it. The window
disapears, and the error is about
Xlib bounds etc ... see below.
Do I have to set up X differently running on a Xterminal compared with
running on a console?
If so, what do I change.

Thanks in advance.
Bernie.

--------- Here is the error message reported in .xsession-errors
-------------------
maudio: Cannot open audio device.
PID could not get read.
PID could not get read.
PID could not get read.
QImage::color: Index 200 out of range
PID could not get read.
PID could not get read.
can't read `/home/kath/Xerrors' (Permission denied).
can't read `/home/kath/kde-errors' (Permission denied).
PID could not get read.
PID could not get read.
PID could not get read.
PID could not get read.
PID could not get read.
kwmsound: Failed connecting the audio server.
Please check manually if you can start kaudioserver.
X Error: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length
error) 16
  Major opcode: 1
KCharset: Wrong charset!

QFile::writeBlock: File not open
X Error: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length
error) 16
  Major opcode: 3
QFile::writeBlock: File not open
X Error: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length
error) 16
  Major opcode: 3
QFile::writeBlock: File not open
QFile::writeBlock: File not open
X Error: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length
error) 16
  Major opcode: 3
X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2
  Major opcode: 2
can't read `/home/kath/Xerrors' (Permission denied).
about to exit via PostitList
X Error: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length
error) 16
  Major opcode: 55
kpanel: waiting for windowmanager
kpanel: ok, commencing initialization