Re: Recipient is not acceptable to your SMTP Server Error

Subject: Re: Recipient is not acceptable to your SMTP Server Error
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 22:50:43 MDT

It seems that the default configuration files for sendmail have become
somewhat more restrictive in recent distributions. Although it is generally
for good reason, this is probably why things stopped working as you expect.

I am not familiar with Eudora or its error messages, but my first guess
would be that sendmail is not recognizing the box running Eudora as a
host that is allowed to use the mail server as a relay.

But this is just a guess. The first thing you should do is to take a look
at /var/log/maillog on the box running the mail server. If sendmail is
bouncing the messages back, there should information in this file that
indicates the reason. If that does not give you enough information to solve
the problem, you should include a relevant excerpt from the file when you
write back.

Jim

Bill Colston's bits of Wed, 13 Oct 1999 translated to: