Re: 7200/90 install problem

Subject: Re: 7200/90 install problem
From: Michael W. J. West ph. 302-695-9378 (WEST2MW@nanotes1.email.dupont.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 13:08:16 MDT

I have a PPC- 7200 90, running pretty well. One thing I picked up is

video=atyfb:vmode:17,cmode:16

is for certain common drivers, but some 7200 use platinum. So try

video=platinumfb

and various video combinations supported by CS 1.1 in the
PDF documentation from the site (in the back).

I also had much better luck coming in from the MacOS with bootx, not
allowing bootx to interrupt the Mac-OS boot. I notice during boot
after bootx, that the monitor resets. I think this sets up some defaults
which work for me.

The other piece of voodoo I discovered was to check LOTS of video options
when in XConfigurator. I think some then work.

I have a Hitachi HD-4020 monitor and a strange adaptor from Griffin to run
my monitor.

Your milage may vary.

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~hollis/platinumfb.c