Re: One monitor, two computers?

Subject: Re: One monitor, two computers?
From: Don Arbow (donarb@nwlink.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 13:52:08 MDT

On 10/28/99 at 3:28 PM, Jason P. Stanford wrote:

: Is there a way I can share my 20" (beige) Apple Colorsync monitor
: between a Blue & White G3 (running MacOS) and a Beige G3/300 running
: YDL? Some sort of switch? What about the ADB port on the monitor? Please
: help! (I don't have enough desktop space for both computers *and* two
: monitors... And the fact that I hardly ever work directly on the YDL
: server, but need it occasionally).
:
: Jason
:

I bought a switch box (for about $50) that has three Mac monitor ports (DB25) on
the back. The middle port goes to the monitor and is connected to a 2 position
switch on the front. The other two ports go to the two computers. The company
Belkin makes them, but most computer stores only carry these sorts of boxes for PC
VGA ports, I had to special order mine.

Here's the page at Belkin (you'd want part #F1B024):
http://www.belkin.com/products/product_index/printer_and_device_sharing/manual_dataswitch.html

I got mine from:

Redmond Cable
15331 NE 90th St