Re: Apache + PHP in 2.0?

Subject: Re: Apache + PHP in 2.0?
From: Matthew 'Fringe' Duhan (fringe@shore.net)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 22:41:50 MDT

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Randall Perry wrote:
>> From: Charles Eggers <ceggers@solitonresearch.com>
>> I recently installed Apache 1.3.19 and PHP 4.0 from source that I downloaded.
>> It took a while and a few tries, plus a lot of digging through the docs, and
>> when it was finally done I made up some notes, printed them out, and pasted
>> them in my notebook to avoid having to relearn everything at another time.
>
>Followed your instructions and also checked out the FAQ and install docs.
>The PHP docs said to do the following:
>
>The only thing left to do is to edit your httpd.conf file and make sure the
>PHP 4 mime type is there and uncommented. You need a line that looks like
>this:
>
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
>Well, Apache & PHP are talking now, but instead of serving .php pages,
>they're treated as file downloads when accessed through a web browser.
>
>What's that about?

Basic question, but you did send a SIGTERM to restart apache, right? I
forget to do that all the time.

Matthew Duhan fringe@shore.net http://www.shore.net/~fringe
When I want my opinions I'll ask me for them.
WWW, HTML, VR, MOO, HRSFA, TMBG, DNA--any more initials and I'll go insane
And the quarterback is toast!