Re: Help with setting up a pop server

Subject: Re: Help with setting up a pop server
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 17:06:53 MDT

Can someone point me to references discussing the apparently infinite
number of security holes in sendmail? A quick search for sendmail on
CERT's site turned up several advisories, the most recent of which are a
few years old. Also references to studies that show sendmail's performance
to be deplorable as compared to other packages with equal functionality
would be appreciated.

Not trying to start anything here. Just looking for some minimally biased
facts upon which to make future decisions ;)

Jim

Graham Leggett's bits of Sun, 5 Aug 2001 translated to: