Re: G4 with Nvidia video card

Subject: Re: G4 with Nvidia video card
From: Elliott Liggett (kilowatt@cinci.rr.com)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 00:53:59 MDT

I've been using OS X sence the retail 10.0.0, and I have to say that with the
exception of ssh, every software update has made for a better system. And
honestly, ssh works fine, it just reset my fingerprints. I run about 3 or 4
virtual Apache domains, and, so far, a software update hasn't screwed me over.
And I can't wait for 10.1. Built in smb + faster open-gl. Can't wait. And
software update has NEVER messed up my apache httpd.conf file. I've got ssi and
virtual hosts in it and going all the way from 10.0.0 to 10.0.4, they have
stayed working 24/7. Never changed (to my knowledge).

Jobs is not out to get us, either. Jobs wants people to love apple not as a
company but as a friend. They are even releasing products like iPhoto to allow
regular computer users to manipulate photoshop files. I think that apple really
is in this for us. Releasing products like iPhoto and iTunes doesn't help
bigger companies (like Adobe). But it allows regular computer users to do more.
And spend less, hopefully.

Mac OS X rockss! I've got afterstep, the GIMP, nmap, and more running on
industry-supported hardware and an industry supported operating system. Open
GL, Quicktime, pdf, sql, php..... What more could I want (except a new G4, of
course ;-)?