Booting back into linux

Subject: Booting back into linux
From: erick curtis (erick_curtis1234@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 00:11:21 MDT

I have a few quick problems I could use some help
with. I got YDL 2.0 installed fine on my dual G4 450.
 I am having two problems.

1 - When my windows managers start up they play a
startup sound just fine. When KDE, for example shuts
down the shutdown sound is played as well. The
problem I have is that no sound can be heard when I
try to play a CD or MP3 while using the OS.

2 - When I choose Mac OS at yaboot my computer just
freezes. If I want to boot into Mac OS I have to use
the OS 9 CD that came with my computer. My question
is How do I avoid this, and how can I now boot back
into linux. My machine just boots into Mac OS and
doesn't even give me the yaboot prompt. My root
partition is on /dev/hda13 if that helps. My boot
partition for booting linux is on /dev/hda10, if that
also helps.

Erick Curtis

Thanks in advance.