Re: XFree86-4.0.1 rpms and atyfb?

Subject: Re: XFree86-4.0.1 rpms and atyfb?
From: Neil Jolly (njolly@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 21:27:43 MST

On Tuesday 12 December 2000 09:02, you wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Neil Jolly wrote:
> > On Monday 11 December 2000 08:08, you wrote:
> > > I'm downloading the new XF401 rpms from Hollis' directory. I have 3
> > > machines to install them on to test. One is a G4 and I figure (heh!)
> > > it will go OK. One is a 6500 with dual ATI video (a Rage Pro card,
> > > and the on-board Rage II). Should I even attempt on the 6500? At one
> > > time, I understood that XF4 and atyfb were just not mixing - has that
> > > been remedied?
> > >

> > > Stefan Jeglinski
> >
> > I've got XF86-4.0.1 running now on my biege G3 with the ATI Mach 64. I'll
> > attach my XF86Config for you.
>
> I have a 6400 with rage orion (128, 16 Mb RAM). XFree installed just fine,
> but the accel. is not great. Peviously I had Debian (woody) installed -
> with XFree 4.0.1, their version made fully use of the card (I could really
> tell the difference)
> It's in my belief that it's the drivers that need to be replaced. (I'll
> try this soon and keep you all informed)
>
> Ole K. Apeland - IT student

I should probably mention that I'm also using the development version of the
drivers which I compiled and then copied to the correct location as per
insructions at http://penguinppc.org/usr/xf4/.

--
"Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other
invention in human history, with the possible exception of