Re: Telnet server and FTP server setup

Subject: Re: Telnet server and FTP server setup
From: Zeke Runyon (zrunyon@mac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 18:22:38 MST

On Monday, December 3, 2001, at 07:45 PM, Tim Moloney wrote:

> Without knowing how you have your network configured, I don't
> think that I can help you with the IP address issue. However,
> if you don't have name service (DNS) for the computers behind
> your router, you'll probably have to enter your computer name
> and IP address in /etc/hosts.
>
> The telnet-server program (/usr/sbin/in.telnetd) is in the
> telnet-server RPM. =)

So in the /etc/hosts file I would point my Roadrunner IP address to
localhost or 127.0.0.0? How should I edit it?

When I telnet to the machine, it gets a connection, then says
"Connection closed by foreign host." When I execute in.telnetd, it says
"/usr/sbin/in.telnetd: getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket".
What is going on???

-a confused linux user

# Zeke Runyon | zrunyon@mac.com | zekeworld.home.dhs.org
# blog: communistsquirrel.home.dhs.org
# Mac OS X 10.1.1 5M28 | OS 9.2.1 | Yellow Dog Linux 2.1
# Communist squirrels shall rule the world.