Re: 9600/233 video - what is it?

Subject: Re: 9600/233 video - what is it?
From: Stefan Jeglinski (jeglin@4pi.com)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 14:22:09 MST

> > XF4.1 from ydl2.1 supports the imsttfb in a 9600 ...
>> I have 2 9650's with imstt cards and even accelerated X works fine ...
>>

>Nice to know, I have two 9600MP's that have the same cards and they
>decidedly do not work at all under YDL-1.2, even for my feeble text-only
>needs :)

imstt was definitely not working in the YDL1.2 days. On my 9500
(actually a PowerTowerPro) originally running 2KQ4, I kept manually
upgrading kernels and drivers and XFree and eventually the imstt
board actually started working in accelerated X. But it's still flaky
- I get this effect where moving anything on the screen slowly
"breaks up" the pixels into different colors that persist on the
screen.

It may well be that the versions of everything in YDL2.1 fix all this
- I haven't put YDL2.1 on the 9500 yet.

Stefan Jeglinski