Re: Dual G4 ("blue light") install issues

Subject: Re: Dual G4 ("blue light") install issues
From: Bryan Stillwell (bstill@terraplex.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 16:52:11 MST

>Looks like the latter suggestion is all that's left. Although
>changing my MacOS res actually showed a little more detail..I could
>barely make out "olo Community" and some other text..Weird..It acts
>like the installer boots (I know how many CRs it takes to get to the
>point of the install where it initializes the CD..it did just that
>when I did it blindly..), but I just get that messed up screen I've
>been talking about.
>
>It's been my suspicion that something beyond my control (Like OF just
>bein hosed in a weird manner)..Figures.

Try flashing the PRAM (hold control-option-P-R and wait for it to chime
5 or so times while booting) and see if it helps. This resets OF to the
factory defaults (it's at least fixed a problem for me in the past.)

>Looks like my frustration might continue, as soon as they ship (order
>is in) I'll have a Titanium on my hands..LinuxPPC says their distro
>works, it'll be nice to see if YDL does too (I'm sure it will)..

I would imagine YDL works fine too, but since we don't have access to a
Titanium yet we can't say for sure.

Bryan

--
  Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.           | Software Engineer
  http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/   | bstill@terraplex.com