Re: Boot Problem on 6100

Subject: Re: Boot Problem on 6100
From: Bo Brinkman (brinkman@cs.princeton.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 09:08:21 MST

Well, the base install for 2.1 is 200 megs, and then if you add dev
tools and things manually, and you don't want X, you can keep it pretty
svelte. My 6100/60 has YDL 2.0, base install plus dev packages and the X
libraries needed to run X apps remotely over ssh (but not KDE or gnome
or the actual X server), and that takes about 300 megs.

As for the other thing, Pete is exactly right.

Bo

--
William "Bo" Brinkman                         brinkman@cs.princeton.edu
Princeton Computer Science                 http://www.derandomized.org/