Re: Problems configuring an Appletalk Printer w/ YDL 2.0 (newbie)

Subject: Re: Problems configuring an Appletalk Printer w/ YDL 2.0 (newbie)
From: Stephen Lewis (lewis@napanet.net)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 21:00:11 MDT

Not a problem. The numbers are net-number.node-number.port-number
65280 and 1 are net numbers. Your workstation and laserwriter are on
different wires hence have different net numbers. This is a working
network - if 'nbplkup' sees your printer then netatalk and your net are
up.
Try fixing /etc/printcap restart 'lpd' and you will be able to print.
If you want to test it now try printing a file with Postscript in it.

pap -p "LaserwriterPro" file.ps

Stephen Lewis