RE: Switching from Intel to G4 - Questions.

Subject: RE: Switching from Intel to G4 - Questions.
From: Bryce Verdier (bverdier@pennnet.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 11:08:01 MDT

I think this is rather amuseing... i have a beige G3 orginally 266, but i
upgraded to 450. Increased the ram to 64 PC66, and 192 PC100, and told the
motherboard to run at 83MHz as opposed to the 66 set by apple. And i looked
and i'm pushing 914 bogomips.

Then i came to work... looked at my P3 500... 128 megs of ram,and 100MHz bus
speed. and i'm running mandrake 7.0 on it... and i'm only doing 496.

I guess that is what has to be said about 20 year old porcessor design.

Remember to keep breathing,
b.

"Keep on,
keep'en on,
Just walk on through,
and don't be scared." -Keith Caputo, Rasberry Mockery