Re: Is HFS+ Supported?

Subject: Re: Is HFS+ Supported?
From: Ash (ashd@3rddoor.com)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 13:48:28 MDT

on 6/18/00 4:21 PM, Robert M at mayro@earlham.edu wrote:

> if you put YDL on the second drive then you should be able to boot linux
> without mesing with your mac drive which can remain HFS+.

Thank you very much for the advice, but could you please be a little more
detailed. Are you saying I should create a HFS partition on the second disc
with another MacOS installation and then use the rest of the disc for YDL?
If thats the case how do I choose to boot between systems (the two versions
of Mac and Linux)?

By the way, Im new on the list. Just signed up today. Ive worked with
linux for the past two years and Im a MCSE working as a NT Network Admin. I
just started using Macs in the past year when I bought a 400MHz G3 Blue &
White. I like MacOS better than any version of Windows, but I love Linux
for the complete control one has over the system and for the great
networking utilities.

Thank you for the help,

Ash Doyle