Re: YDL 2.0 - when is final going to be final?

Subject: Re: YDL 2.0 - when is final going to be final?
From: Hollis (hollis-lists@austin.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 08:52:49 MDT

On Tuesday 19 June 2001 07:53, you wrote:
> thank you for a straightforward answer, although I feel like I caught you on
> a bad day right now

I would like to point out that after 12 months of development, "when is it
going to be final" may be enough to cause a bad day. :)

I also wanted to say that upgrading to 2.4 was simply a matter of putting in
the 2nd CD and typing 'rpm -ivh kernel-2.4*'. It replaces the /boot/vmlinux
symlink and everything, so on the next reboot you are using 2.4.4. I was very
impressed with how easy it was.

There simply wasn't enough time for Gnome 1.4 or XFree86 4.1.0 etc. There
*was* enough time for KDE 2.1. That's just the way it goes... I think what we
have works very well. :)

-Hollis