Package Installation - I must be missing something

Subject: Package Installation - I must be missing something
From: Rob Brandt (rbrandt@sbdsl.com)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 11:50:35 MDT

Hi;

I've just gotten YDL 2.0 installed on my powermac. In the installer,
I chose "Internet Server" as the package selection option. I have
several different packages I would like to use to run my web server
that are included in the YDL 2.0 Tasty Morsels CD - Postfix and
Mailman. This machine will be primarily a mail server and
lightweight web server.

When I try to install either Postfix or Mailman, RPM reports failed
dependencies:

For Postfix:
        Setup >= 2.3.5 is needed by postfix-2.....
        initscripts >= 5.5.3 is needed ....

Now, I know that I can get rpms for the above and install them.
Terrasoft's site says that initscripts is on the installer CD, but
there is no reference to Setup anywhere that I saw.

This is my first *determined* experience with Linux (I've played
around before); I had expected that if I got a dist that had postfix
on it, that postfix would run on on that dist without having to
download anything else from the net. Was I mistaken? Or have I just
missed Setup on the CD and the web site package list and it's
actually there? That could be, since I looked for initscripts last
night and didn't see it, yet the package list on terrasoft's web site
says it's there (I'll take that on faith).

So, are my expectations out of line, or have I just missed the packages?

TIA

Rob