RE: Screen resolution problems

Subject: RE: Screen resolution problems
From: Timothy Morgenthaler (tamorgen@aol.net)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 06:06:33 MDT

I'd say the "privileged world" is more likely to be Red Hat users on an
Intel or Sparc processor. I've never had the problems with Red Hat that
I have with Yellow Dog, but these are Macs, and a different animal
altogether which isn't very well supported in a PC dominated society.
Anyway, that said, my suggestion would to be to install the Xautoconfig
rpm from the Yellowdog CD and have it detect your video card. I had to
do this on my old PowerMac 8600, because although it had both my monitor
& the video card listed, it simply wouldn't work with the basic
Xconfigurator. Xautoconfig solved my problem, and will hopefully solve
yours. Good luck

Timothy Morgenthaler