Re: Double Net cards?

Subject: Re: Double Net cards?
From: Vanja Bucic (vanjab@UDel.Edu)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 16:40:46 MST

I tried to alias it by doing alias eth0 tulip, but:
        as the linux boots up, during the earliest stage, kernel sees this
card an allocates it a dc4x5.c driver (obviously compiled in the
kernel). The tulip driver doesn't even have a chance to load. This might
be the core of my troubles - I installed a new driver but the kernel
chooses to use something else.

I'm confused about what you're trying to do.

I am just trying to have 2 separate IP addresses for my computer. I have
had the network driver crash while I am not here, so I had no chance to
restart it. I want to have a double entry point into my computer, two
net cards. Performance is not an issue. Both cards have a separate
connection to the main switch.