Re: RP-PPPoE & Verizon DSL

Subject: Re: RP-PPPoE & Verizon DSL
From: Rich Dolinsky (r.e.dolinsky@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 07:51:46 MST

I had originally used SUSE and it worked great he first time I installed it.
After reformating the drive for another purpose I went back to SUSE a few
months later. Could not get ADSL to work. Nor in yellowdog. I then tried
Mandrake. It would install fine, but I could never actually boot to my
system...Soemthing was wrong with the kernel and it could not access any
type of drives. So I am back to yellowdog and using the router. Yes, DMZ is
how to access your computer from the outside world. Then use a firewall
binary to close all ports except the ones YOU want open.