[SOLVED] YDL and RealTekFE551 ethernet

Subject: [SOLVED] YDL and RealTekFE551 ethernet
From: Sean O. Denney (sdenney@cise.ufl.edu)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 14:26:37 MDT

To everyon who helped me with this problem, I thank you.

I finally got my MacSense 10/100 card working under YDL. The steps I
followed are as follows, for anyone who needs them

1. I went to www.scyld.com/expert/modules.html
2. I followed the directions on compiling the RealTek driver as a
module.
3. I did "shutdown -r now"
4. I did "ifconfig eth0 up"
5. I did "netconfig", at which point I selected "USE DHCP". The
program requested all the necessary info from my DSL router.
6. I did "ifconfig" to check it out
7. I did "startx" and checked it with Netscape

Finally, I can start using this box. What sucks is that I'll probably
have to go through all of this again when I update to YDL 2.0

Again, thanks everyone.

--- Sean Denney