Re: kde2 :)

Subject: Re: kde2 :)
From: Stefan Jeglinski (jeglin@4pi.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 07:18:27 MST

>Now, upon startx, I get a grey screen, followed by a return to the console and
>the following:
>
>xset: bad font path element (#37), possible causes are:
> Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
> Directory missing fonts.dir
> Incorrect font server address or syntax
>xset: bad font path element (#37), possible causes are:
> Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
> Directory missing fonts.dir
> Incorrect font server address or syntax

The xset errors originate from the startkde script. There are a
couple of lines there you can comment out (the ones with xset having
to do with fonts :-), one for each error.

But since I have the dynamic linker error as well, there has been no
way for me to fire up KDE to see if commenting out those xset lines
in startkde makes any difference. In fact, I don't know if the xset
errors would even prevent KDE from starting.

Stefan Jeglinski