Re: MOL on Beige G3

Subject: Re: MOL on Beige G3
From: Stephen Lewis (lewis@napanet.net)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 22:55:32 MST

There are very detailed instructions in '/etc/molrc' which
must be edited to choose various things such as where
you put the ROM file and what you called it. Also which
volumes you want mounted when mol starts, keyboard network
and mouse and what screen resolution you want emulating.
And, of course, the partition where MacOS 8.6 is located
without which mol won't know what to boot.
The *first* time (since each boot) that you run 'startmol'
it will patch the kernel and you need to be 'root', after than
anybody can 'startmol' In order to patch the kernel mol
expects to find a system map in '/boot/System.map' (or
if you compiled your own maybe in '/usr/src/linux/System.map')
so your linux installation needs to be correct otherwise
'startmol' will fail.
There are more "readme" files in the mol/Doc directory
(location depends how you installed mol - if you compiled
it they are in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/mol-0.9.xx/Doc)
hope this helps,
Stephen Lewis