Bootstrap Partition on Pismo

Subject: Bootstrap Partition on Pismo
From: Reuben Halper (rhalper@sportvision.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 07:28:52 MDT

Hello,
  I'm trying to install YDL 1.2 on my PB Pismo 400. I erased a Mac OS X partition
& created a root & a swap partition on my HD without erasing my Mac OS 9
partition. I did not create a 32mb bootstrap partition. Installation from the CD
went smoothly, however when I try to boot I get "image not found" errors.
Yaboot, vmlinux, yaboot.conf, & bootscript reside in my system folder. I've
already updated the kernel from Ben's page & followed modctek's instructions.
Is it necessary to create that bootstrap partition. Is that why I'm having these
problems? I've tried specifying every different device ID from the boot: prompt. I
haven't had any luck. Any help or suggestion is much appreciated.

-Reuben