Re: Yaboot on iMac-233 RevB Bondi Blue

Subject: Re: Yaboot on iMac-233 RevB Bondi Blue
From: Matthew Larson (ml582@columbia.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 17:28:50 MST

My apologies if this is too simple or wasn't what you were looking for,
or if you've already tried this, but I think you're confusing open
firmware boots and booting from yaboot. Once you've hit 'l' to go to
the yaboot boot: prompt, you need to boot a kernel. Usually hitting
return boots the default kernel. Hit 'tab' to see a list of all
possible boot options (though you may have done that). In your case
typing vmlinux-2.2.19-1k should do it, since that looks to be a kernel
that you've got installed. Also, you definitely will boot /dev/hda11
(not the bootstrap partition /dev/hda7), but that shouldn't have to come
into play here.

If typing the kernel name doesn't work, I'd imagine it's a yaboot config
problem and you may have to boot from cd, mount your partition, and then
edit /etc/yaboot.conf. Write for instructions on this if needed.

Hope that helps,
Matt Larson