PGP sigs (was Re: Starting Apache/MySql)

Subject: PGP sigs (was Re: Starting Apache/MySql)
From: Jag (agrajag@linuxpower.org)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 13:36:27 MDT

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, dG wrote:

> Even if you follow the advice in the attachment to this email, (Why does it
> come as an attachment? Is it my mailreader, or is the cool thing on the
> block to reply to email w/ attachments), you will still need to write an

My reply was a PGP-signed reply, and the "proper" way to send PGP-signed
messages is to have the message as one MIME attachment and the PGP
signature as a second attachment.

Most mail readers handle this without problems, although Outlook is the
imfamous exception to that rule. (However, I hear the solaris version
doesn't have problems with it).

I've NOT PGP-signed this message so that it'll be easier for you to read
it.

Jag