Re: Install of 2.0 a failure

Subject: Re: Install of 2.0 a failure
From: Timothy A. Seufert (tas@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 12:35:45 MDT

At 6:29 PM -0600 9/2/01, Dan Burcaw wrote:
>Paul,
>
>> I get to the part where the YDL installer tries to format the
>> partitions and it segfaults. Uh... Terrasoft? Why should this
>> be the case on a supported machine that YDL 1.1 worked fine on?
>
>We tested numerous times on Lombards. I don't imagine you'd
>be willing to try to reproduce this, but any details about how
>this occured would be appreciated. The only installer seg faults I've seen
>involved strange or bad hardware (e.g. a really rare SCSI card) but since
>this doesn't seem to be the issue on your box, I am curious. See below.

Dan, I've seen this too -- on a PowerBook 2400. I was using the
text installer if that makes any difference.

BTW, on the 2400 it would be Very Convenient to have PCMCIA compiled
into the kernel and the relevant support bits present on the
installer initrd. The 2400 has no built-in Ethernet port, so the
only way to do FTP installs is through a PCMCIA card. It doesn't
have a CD-ROM either, so FTP install is highly desirable.

--
Tim Seufert