Re: X Freezes (again)

Subject: Re: X Freezes (again)
From: Daniel P. Hembree (danny-hembree@dynamical.org)
Date: Sat Sep 04 1999 - 13:59:47 MDT

        I've been getting this as well. Nothing needs to be running,
just xterm sitting there idle under twm. I'm runing YDL 1.0 with the
FXF68_FBDev ver 1.
I tried to use the one patched for the trackpad program but it
crashed right away. My suspicion is the FX68_FBDev running on the
powerbook. I have a B&W G3 with the same setup but it is very stable.
My powerbook is a G3 233Mhz with the 12" screen. The graphics chip
can only do 800x600 with usefill color. I have to leave the no driver
thing checked because I haven't been able to find kernel arguements
that work for the video.