Re: Good tar.gz app

Subject: Re: Good tar.gz app
From: Robert Fout (rfout@mahi.damien.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 12:14:49 MST

I have found some Makefiles ASSUME I'm using an x86 machine (like the source
to POV_Ray 3.1), and I have to comment out that part, and uncomment the
generic linux compiler line.

As for trying to run programs that don't run, and no error messages are
produced, that has happened to me with licq. I DL'd and installed it (from
the licq RPM. Someone just made the RPM, it's nothing official at all), and
the first time you run it, you get a seg fault, and every time after that,
you get nothing, you just return to the prompt.
"The knack to flying is learning how to
throw yourself at the ground and miss."

>From "Life the Universe and Everything"
by Douglas Adams

Robert Fout
MacOS Guru and MkLinux/Yellowdog Linux User
rfout@damien.edu
http://osx.damien.edu/rfout/
ICQ# 48433406