Re: Will we be able to update to YDL 2 ????

Subject: Re: Will we be able to update to YDL 2 ????
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 03:57:02 MDT

Waldo Jaquith wrote:

> Yes, it clarifies things quite a bit. And now I'm upset -- you should have
> plainly disclosed on the website that upgrading is currently not possible.
> Now I have 3 worthless discs. I'll have to go out and buy v2.0.1 in a few
> weeks, when you release an upgradeable version, which will run me yet
> another $40.

As was explained, the v1.3 to v2.0 upgrade process will be clarified,
and is likely to be more involved that just click-here-and-its-done. So
no, you do not have 3 worthless disks.

It's a major upgrade - I personally will be reinstalling my system from
scratch because even if an upgrade option did work, all the
modifications to my system would probably prevent it from working
properly.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon